6 December 2010

CAPTURING THE TYPE

I'm experimenting with different ways fo photographing the letters once they have been made. I like the idea of having specific abstract crops so that they possible look like part of a bigger structure, playing with peoples perception. Although I feel perhaps showing the entire letter may have the same effect of putting forward the typography/architecture link but without resorting to tight crops. It will be simply inferred by their construction.

Imagery below shows a mock up I did just photographed on my iphone and photoshopped onto a couple of different backgrounds, just to experiment and visualise the ideas.

As in the final I didn't want any 'fake' elements I would mock up a miniature setting for it all so the block appear huge in scale. But after considering it, I feel that this could jsut be over complicating the whole project, I'm not sure it even needs another element to it, and without anything to compare it to, the size is unknown when photographed anyway.

I'm conscious not to try and chuck loads of ideas into the pot, which is something I often try and do when I'm concerned about a project, or want to improve upon it more. I think for me at the moment, the important thing to bare in mind is a focus on clarity of thought and intention. I've gone through the process of creating a whole concrete typeface with a architecturally orientated rational, I just need to capture and present that in an appropriate way.

Keep it focused and simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment