7 December 2010

BACK TO DESIGN

I've been considering how to present my 'pre fab alphabet', and although earlier in the project I was really keen to produce something completely out of my normal remit as a graphic designer, I feel that this whole process has already allowed me to do this. So I'm happy to tie the whole thing back into a more traditional format of a book. I'd like to use the kit to present the whole alphabet, a sort of printed case study for the concrete typeface I've created.

To get the imagery I require for this I'll need make sure I have a good quality photo shoot of the letters. I don't want any of it to be 'faked', after spending so much time creating real concrete shapes, to photoshop any of it now would seem like such a waste to me. I've found that authenticity is increasingly important to me as a designer; fake textures or 'effects' really bother me, in such a computerised world, the knowledge of a piece of software is not impressive or inspiring to me, however creating the real thing is.

As I suggested previously, keeping it clear and concise is the aim, so each letter will be captured in its entirety on a plain background.

No comments:

Post a Comment