19 November 2010

MAKE SOMETHING 3D

I've been exploring the idea of creating a 3D sculpture which takes the notion of merging type and architecture in a physical form, with the idea of capturing specific crops of the sculptures in an abstract sense, so the viewer isn't sure wether this is actually a piece of architecture or type, or possibly both.

I particularly like the idea of creating a definite physical object that plays with peoples perception. Wether its abstract quality comes form the structure itself or the way in which it's presented I'm not sure. I'd like to create a solution where both contribute to it.

Working alongside so many other students that instinctively work in 3D as a first port of call has really inspired me to work to create a physical object, the notion of working with flat graphics at this stage is very unappealing to me. Although I have no experience in sculpture or moulding of any kind, I'm not bothered or intimidated by this; I feel confident I will be able to create something, to what standard it will be, I do not know, but I don't feel it matters at this stage. I need to go through the process of it and see how I feel about it all then.





No comments:

Post a Comment