13 October 2010

PHASE ONE.

Investigating along the initial theme of ‘strong shapes’, I’m drawn to architecture. The main texture that I’m drawn to alongside this is concrete. Seem to be attracted to the extremes. Lots of contrast, sharp edges, harsh textures. I’ll focus in on this more so by taking my own photography focusing on this theme of strong shapes, and sticking with architecture for the moment.

Below are a series of images I captured in London with a specific framework in mind. I was 'hunting' for architecture and shapes of high contrast, and actually anything I was instinctively drawn to I photographed too. I really enjoyed the whole process, I loved being amongst the buildings and really taking time to look at them and capture specific elements, framing them and making them my own, exactly how I wanted to view them.

They aren't pictures of buildings, they're my collection of lines and shapes that I've hunted down on the Southbank, cropped edited and re presented to myself, and others as 16 images most representative of my intended framework. Although the process was carried out with a specific aim, without an end result or a problem to solve it feels very self indulgent to me at this stage.

















No comments:

Post a Comment