9 December 2010

THE BOOK

In line with the functional nature of what i've created, and generally my design ethos, I'm creating a simple book to showcase the concrete lettering, with the only graphical elements being the photos of the letters themselves and a simple outline diagram of which blocks have been used to construct each letter.

I've just screenprinted the cover; I always seem to have problems with screenprinting white, I think it dries quicker and clogs more than any other colour. But I persevered and managed to screen print the shape outlines onto black which I will use as the cover for the book. Ironically they are intended to be precise little shapes, but just like the concrete blocks themselves, have turned out a bit rough around the edges, which is quite a nice parallel.

No comments:

Post a Comment