18 October 2010

MONDAY 18 10 10 / SUMMARY

I've been working to reduce down the core themes running throughout my work to date into basic elements, and explore working with these qualities in forms outside of my usual media.

In practice this has taken the form of;
  • Capturing strong shapes and lines in architecture.
  • Investigation of construction materials.
  • Reduction of architectural shapes to lines.
  • Re building imagery using the distilled shapes and lines, but with block colour and texture.
I've found that focusing in on the notion of 'strong shapes' has enabled me to see my work in a renewed way, and helped me to understand the patterns in my work and the aesthetics/design I'm naturally drawn to.  Currently I've only really looked at this in isolation, having briefly touched upon texture/construction. I feel the answer is probably not as simple as I would like, I'd imagine it's a combination of elements, but i'd still like to distill these elements down as much as possible.

WHY do I like it, what aspect of the imagery I've captured really drives my attraction to it? WHERE do I take this next.

No comments:

Post a Comment